Delaware may be one of the smallest states in the union, but it’s big news here at GreatSchools.
Our newest GreatSchools Local, GreatSchools Delaware is an innovative collaboration with the Delaware Department of Education (DOE) and a great opportunity to connect First State families with the best, most current information about their school options.
I’m excited about this effort because it marks the first time that GreatSchools is partnering with a state government. Delaware DOE and GreatSchools are working together to leverage and improve upon the existing GreatSchools site so that it will be an even more valuable and useful tool for parents in Delaware. Double Line Partners is working with us to ensure that accurate data is transferred from Delaware DOE to GreatSchools.
This three-way partnership has allowed us to build an improved site for Delaware families that includes:
- Enhanced data, including post-graduation tracking of students per school, and more accurate and timely school information.
- A new mobile-friendly design that makes for better display on mobile devices.
- A guided-search interface that makes it easier for parents to explore different options and search for things that matter most for their families.
- Integration with the existing Delaware DOE administration system to enable school leaders to easily update information about their school, such as academic programs, extracurricular activities, photos, and what the school is best known for.
- Ability to translate into 15 languages.
GreatSchools Delaware is online now, but our official launch will be October 27th. Over the next month, we will build community awareness in the state through partner organizations that serve and support families, primarily low-income families, in the Wilmington area. Through a series of coaching and training sessions, we will share best practices with local groups to help parents use GreatSchools Delaware to find and apply to schools that are the best fit for their families.